Our STCW Security Awareness course, accredited by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), is designed to highlight the importance of ship security in accordance with SOLAS and the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS).
The aim of the course is to provide seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to protect and maintain their own and others’ security at sea in accordance with international regulations.
- Understand the importance of ship security.
- Reasons for development of the ISPS Code.
- Threats to the Maritime Industry
- Outline relevant conventions codes and recommendations related to Maritime Security
- Recognise Maritime Security Definitions.
- Identify the Company Security Officer, Ship Security Officer and Port Facility Security Officer
- Outline measures and procedures for the different security levels on board.
- Understand and recognise the Ship Security Plan
- Recognise the three Security Levels and follow instructions associated with them.
- Understand the importance of Drills and Training
By the end of this module each student will be able to demonstrate:
- The importance of ship security and the roles of those involved in its provision.
- Understand the requirements and measures to maintain ship security.
- The ability to recognise and report a security threat.